This salad was everything that I was hoping it would be. The combination of the sweetness from the sweet potatoes and delicata squash with the earthy sweetness of the beets and a little kick from the red onions is delicious. The creamy herb dressing is one of my absolute favorite dressings ever. And while I forgot to top the salad with hemp seeds for the photo, you’ll def want to add them! I hope you all enjoy this salad! xX
- 1 delicata squash
- 2 small sweet potatoes or 1 medium
- 1 red beet
- 8-10 oz salad greens of choice
- 1/4 large avocado or ½ small
- 1 thin slice of red onion, cut into smaller pieces
- Vegan feta, for garnish
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Creamy herb dressing, see recipe below
Creamy herb dressing
- 1/2 c vegan mayo (reduced fat)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Handful of herbs (cilantro, chives, dill, etc)
- 1/2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of white pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Wash vegetables.
- Peel sweet potatoes and beet, then cut into halves and slice thin.
- Cut ends off of delicata squash then cut in half lengthwise. Scrape seeds out then thinly slice.
- Spray a large baking sheet with a little oil then place vegetables in a single layer on baking sheet. Spray a little bit more oil on top of vegetables. (You could also place vegetables in a bowl and drizzle oil on them and toss to coat before placing on baking sheet!) Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables are roasting, prepare the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Make creamy herb dressing by finely chopping herbs. Place in a jar with vegan mayo, lemon juice, water, and spices. Shake to combine!
- In a large bowl place salad greens first then build your salad by layering the roasted vegetables, red onion, dressing, avocado, vegan feta, hemp seeds, and pomegranate seeds. Dig in and enjoy!