Ok so who doesn’t love chicken nuggets, right!? I know I do. That’s why I decided to try a healthier version of this amazing food.
These chicken nuggets are Paleo, Gluten Free, and might I mention guilt free!
I typically like to have these nuggets on the side with a nice salad either with lunch or dinner.
See below for this super quick and easy Sweet Potato Chicken Nuggets.
Ok let’s start out with the ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Coconut flour
- 1 Lb of Ground Chicken
- 1 1/2 Cups of mashed (any way you like) sweet potato (I just put raw sweet potato in my food processor)
- 1 Tsp of garlic powder
- 1 Tsp of paprika
- 1 Tsp of salt
- ¼ cup of Scallions
- 1 tsp of Chili Powder
So why Coconut flour?
I love cooking with Coconut flour because it is completely gluten free which I find is so much better for my digestion. Staying on the topic of digestion, coconut flour is super high in fiber which is great for your digestion. I also love coconut flour because it’s literally completely and solely from coconuts.
The coconut flour in this recipe acts as a great binder for all the ingredients and helps give the outside of the nuggets a nice golden brown color.
The coconut flour I typically use is from Bob’s Red Mill (pictured aside)
Ok let’s move on to how to make these delicious things.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F
- Next take the Ground chicken, Scallions, Coconut oil , Coconut flour, Spices, and sweet potato all together until fully combined.
- Go ahead and then take about a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and form it into flat patties almost to resemble the chicken nugget shape we all know.
- Place them in the oven for 25-30 minutes, Flipping halfway though!
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Like I said I typically have this on the side with a nice salad but these can be used as a snack or even the main course!
Follow me on Instagram @allsunshines_ to see my latest posts and don’t forget to follow my blog below!
Feel free to reach out to me via my email, instagram, or through the website. I would love to hear from you!