If you love cinnamon, then you are going to love these Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies! Have you have ever had the Cinnamon Toast Crunch cookies Crumbl sells? Our recipe is super easy to make and costs a fraction of the price for 2 dozen cookies!
These cookies are the perfect combination of chewy and crunchy! That is all thanks to the addition of the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal.
Why you will love our Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Cookies Recipe
With just the right amount of sweetness, this selection from our curiously cinnamon recipes make for a delicious treat any time of day. Our Cinnamon Toast Crunch cookies recipe is perfect for when you are looking for a new cookie recipe or simply want to satisfy your sweet tooth!
If you love Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, then you will not regret giving these Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies a try! Do you like the flavor of cinnamon in snickerdoodles cookies? Our cinnamon toast crunch cookies could also be considered Cinnamon Toast Crunch Snickerdoodles. I think that they have a very similar taste to snickerdoodle cookies.
These cinnamon toast cookies were inspired by our recipe for Fruity Pebbles Cookies that we shared on The Rebel Chick last week, and these cookies taste great well with this Maple Cinnamon latte recipe!
Check back with us frequently, because we are going to be adding even more cereal dessert ideas to the recipe index soon!
Doesn't that Cinnamon Toast Crunch cookie look amazing?! The secret to the amazing flavor and texture of these cookies is simple. We used both crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal AND whole pieces in our recipe!
This ensures that the base of our sugar cookies have a bit of the flavor of the cereal. Then we add in whole pieces so give you that nice BURST of cinnamon flavor!
Are you looking for more Cookies Recipes like our cookies with cereal recipes?
I love making cookies at home, they are my favorite sweet treat! These Red Velvet Whoopie Pie cookies are something special we whipped up for Valentine's Day!
Now, this is just a small selection of our cookies, but we have LOTS and lots of recipes on the blog! Just type “cookie recipe” into the search bar on the right hand side of the screen and they will pop up for you!
We may come up with more Cinnamon Toast Crunch recipes treats in the upcoming months as well.
Where can I find the Printable Recipe Card?
If you would rather skip all of my cooking tips, important information for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the recipe, just scroll right on down to the bottom, where I have a printable recipe card just for you!
I know that a lot of people are old fashioned and like to have a printed out recipe card.Jump to Recipe
Here are the necessary Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookie Ingredients you will need to make our recipe
Are you ready for a fun twist on the classic sugar cookie? With just the right amount of crunch and sweetness, our Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies are sure to be an instant hit.
All you need are a few simple ingredients, which of course includes Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal! Furthermore, we are going to use a sugar cookie mix to save us time on making these soft chewy easy cinnamon toast crunch cookies.
- Sugar cookie mix - this eliminates the need for light brown sugar, baking soda, flour and cinnamon sugar that from scratch recipes require
- unsalted butter room temperature
- Egg at room temperature
- Cinnamon toast crunch cereal - now, please note that you are going to need several cups Cinnamon Toast. Our cookie dough requires both crushed cinnamon toast cereal pieces as well as whole pieces
Also, please note that the printable recipe card at the end of our post contains the exact amounts and quantities for each ingredient.
Get all of your cooking baking supplies on Amazon.com!
If you are struggling to find some of these supplies, check out all of the item available to you with Amazon Prime Fresh! They have most household supplies and groceries fully in stock and you can get free delivery with your Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Directions for How to Make Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies
Join us as we take you through all the steps needed to make this cinnamon toast crunch dessert! It is sure to become one of your family's favorite cookies with cereal recipes in no time!
You are going to begin making our sugar cookie toast crunch recipe by preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set it aside until our cookie dough balls are ready.
Our first step is we are going to combine the sugar cookie mix and finely crushed cereal in a large mixing bowl. You can also use a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Be sure to mix these well!
Next we are going to add in our butter and egg and mix them together to form a cookie dough. Now, it will take a little work to get the dough to form, but give it time and it will come together.
Using a 2 tablespoon portion cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough into cookie balls.
Next you are going to roll each cookie ball in the coarsely crushed Cinnamon Toast cereal and place it onto the prepared baking sheet.
Hint: Place your cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart, as they will spread.
Lastly, you will bake your Cinnamon Toast Crunch cookies for 12 minutes. Then remove them from oven and let them stand for 2 minutes on a baking sheet.
Then move your cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
This recipe for Cinnamon Toast Crunch cookies makes 24 cookies.
Substitutions and Variations for our Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies
I think that this recipe for cookies cinnamon toast crunch is perfect just as it is. However, I know that some people just love to experiment with their recipes!
- Cereal chocolate chip cookies - instead of using Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, try this recipe using Cookie Crisp cereal. Then add ¼ cup of mini chocolate chips to the cookie dough.
- Make the Cookies from scratch - if you do not like using cookie mixes and cake mixes in your baking, that's okay! Here is a from-scratch sugar cookie recipe. Just omit the chocolate chips that the recipe calls for.
- Egg allergies - if you need an egg alternative for this recipe, you can use any egg substitute at the supermarket. You can also use an equal amount of mashed bananas or unsweetened apple sauce.
Do you love stuffing cookies full of unusual things? You may want to try our Kit Kat Cookies Recipe on my website!
Equipment you will need to make our recipes using Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
The equipment we use in baking definitely effects how a recipe turns out. For this cinnamon crunch recipe, I recommend the following equipment:
- Cookie Sheets - we like these cookie sheets with silicone grippers!
- Parchment Paper - We love the If You Care Parchment Paper brand. It provides a total of 70 sq ft of unbleached baking paper, compared to other brands that only offer 30 - 45 sq ft.
- Stand mixer fitted with paddle or whisk attachments / Hand mixer - While a KitchenAid Classic Series Stand Mixer may seem like a big investment in your kitchen, I have found that it has been worth it for me! I have been using my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer for over a decade and love it! This model is built to take it all on with the durable and built-to-last metal construction. It has 59 touchpoints around the mixer bowl for great mixing results. It has a 4.5 Quart Stainless Steel Bowl to mix up to 8 dozen cookies in a single batch. It is also dishwasher safe.
- Mixing Bowls - This Pryex Smart Essentials set includes 1-qt, 1.5-qt, and 2.5-qt round glass bowls.
- Measuring Cups - We are partial to this Pyrex glass measuring cup set. The 3 piece set includes 1-cup, 2-cup, and 4-cup measuring cups.
- Cooling Rack for Baking - This Cooling Rack set has 6 supporting feet raise the entire wire rack for better air circulation which makes foods much crispier than just laying flat on a baking sheet.
How to Store Our Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies
You can make these cookies ahead of time for a special occasion and store them in an airtight container. They will stay good for up to 3 days before the cereal pieces begin to go stale.
These ingredients do not stand up to freezing.
Top tip for baking desserts with Cinnamon Toast Crunch
If you love any of the other varieties of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, you can replace the cereal in this recipe with one of those. Flavors available include: Apple Pie Toast Crunch, Churros and Sugar Cookie Toast Crunch.
Share this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies Recipe with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star recipe rating review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make our cinnamon toast crunch recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
Are you looking for other easy Dessert ideas like this fun cookie recipe?
If you are looking for other easy dessert ideas like this easy recipe that uses a sugar cookie mix as the base, check some of these out. We love baking over here at The Rebel Chick! So of course we are always coming up with new and creative ways to satisfy our sweet tooth!
Sometimes we use a cake mix or cookie mix, then sometimes we bake everything from scratch. Let us know what kind of baking style you prefer in the comments!
ARE YOU CRAVING MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES AND TRAVEL INSPIRATION?Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram for all the latest updates! Sign up below to receive my newsletter filled with delicious recipes, fun crafts, and family adventures straight into your inbox:
Subscribe to The Rebel Chick Newsletter
To print the recipe card for our Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies, simply click below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Sometimes it is just easier to go off a recipe when it is printed right in front of you. Who wants to swipe their screen on their phone or tablet when their hands are greasy? So I love offering this option as well!
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies
- 1 pouch 17.5 oz, sugar cookie mix
- ½ cup 1 stick, butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely crushed cinnamon toast crunch cereal
- 1-½ cups coarsely crushed cinnamon toast crunch cereal
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine sugar cookie mix and finely crushed cereal in a mixing bowl and mix well. Add butter and egg and mix together to form a dough. It will take a little work to get the dough to form, but give it time and it will come together.
- Using a 2 tablespoon portion scoop, scoop dough into balls and roll in coarsely crushed cereal and place onto prepared baking sheet about 2" apart. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 2 minutes on a baking sheet before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
A little about the history of Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
It is hard to imagine, but Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal has been around since 1984! It is owned and sold by the General Mills company to this day. Interestingly, the original version of the cereal was plain squares with only wheat and rice.
It was only after scientist John Mendesh collaborated with Elisabeth Trach, the assistant product manager for General Mills that the cereal came about! John and Elisabeth entered a contest at the same time, and came up the idea of adding cinnamon and sugar to make it more appealing came about. This addition, although seemingly small, made all the difference in creating one of today's most popular cereals!
Every crispy square of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal is blasted with General Mill's signature CINNADUST.
What is Cinnadust?
Well, it is just the irresistible mix of real cinnamon and sugar that makes this cereal so flavorful.
The ingredients for cinnamon toast crunch includes whole grain wheat, and NO high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors. You will also be happy to know that every serving provides vitamins and minerals! It's a super fun option for a delicious breakfast or for snacking when you want a crunchy sweet treat!
This classic American snack for kids is a favorite for adults, too. Have you ever tried sprinkling the crispy squares over a sundae as an ice cream topping?
Explore all the fun creations you can make with Cinnamon Toast Crunch recipes from General Mills, including cereal bars, snack mixes and cakes. Each 12 ounce box of cereal has about 8 servings of sweetened rice and whole wheat cereal.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch is an official participating Box Tops product to help support education! Collect them and give them to your school!
The list of official list of ingredients for Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal includes: Whole Grain Wheat, Sugar, Rice Flour, Canola and/or Sunflower Oil, Fructose, Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Salt, Cinnamon, Trisodium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Caramel Color. BHT Added to Preserve Freshness. Vitamins and Minerals: Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin C (sodium ascorbate), Iron and Zinc (mineral nutrients), A B Vitamin (niacinamide), Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride), Vitamin B1 (thiamin mononitrate), Vitamin A (palmitate), Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), A B Vitamin (folic acid), Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3.