Weekender Travel Bag Pattern
The perfect carry-all bag for your next getaway!
Allow extra yardage for matching or centering a design on your fabric.
- 1 5/8 yards of 54" wide heavier Home Dec fabric for the Exterior
- 2 yards of 54" wide heavier Home Dec fabric for the Lining, Handles and cording
- 3 yards of 20" wide fusible woven interfacing (we use Shape Flex® SF-101 by Pellon®)
- 2 yards of 20" wide Peltex® #70 by Pellon® or a similar extra-heavy stabilizer
- 1 sheet of 12" wide x 18" long Heavy Duty Template Plastic from Prim-Dritz ™ (found with the quilting supplies)
- 5 yards of 6/32" cotton cording (found in the home decorating departments of most stores)
- 30" coordinating plastic or metal teeth heavyweight zipper (non-separating)
- 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread (we use Coats Dual Duty XP®)
14” wide across the top of the bag and 17” wide across the bottom x 14 1/2” tall
x 7 1/2” deep
Scissors, Yardstick, Iron and ironing board, Long Straight pins, Fabric marker, Seam ripper, Hand sewing needle, Zipper foot for your machine, Schmetz™ jeans/denim sharp point sewing machine needle size 100/16 or another heavyweight sewing machine needle size 16, Binder clips (found in most office supply departments), Pressing cloth