With Saint Patrick's Day right around the corner, this easy to make Baileys French Toast is going to start your day off right! Our Boozy French Toast Recipe has everything you need to make breakfast or brunch a hit!
Why You are Going to Love our Best Homemade Baileys French Toast
This Baileys French Toast is oh so good GOOOD! I really don't think that it even needs any syrup. With the type of brioche bread that we used and the Baileys Irish Cream itself, this easy Baileys French toast is sweet enough!
But of course, that always boils down to personal preference. Anyone with a sweet tooth - especially the kids - will likely want to spread syrup all over this Baileys French toast tasty recipe.
Are you looking for other easy Breakfast and Brunch Recipes like our Baileys French Toast?
Are you looking for other breakfast recipes like this Boozy French Toast? Try some of these family favorite breakfast recipes we have shared over the years:
Where can I find the recipe card for this Recipe?
If you would rather skip all of my cooking tips, important information for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the recipe, just hit that jump to recipe button and it will take you down to the printable recipe card! I know that a lot of people are old fashioned - like me! - and like to have a printed out recipe card for their family's recipe book.Jump to Recipe
How to Make our Best Baileys French Toast Recipe
Are you tired of the same old French toast recipe? Looking to spice it up with something sweet and boozy? Look no further than this delicious best French toast recipe.
With its rich, creamy Baileys Irish Cream flavor and the hints of vanilla and cinnamon, this breakfast favorite is sure to become a new breakfast staple.
Here are the Ingredients for making Baileys Irish Cream French Toast
All it takes to serve our Irish Cream French toast is a few simple ingredients like a cup Baileys Irish cream liquor, and a few slices bread. You likely already have the other breakfast staples in your refrigerator.
- Vanilla cream brioche bread
- Baileys irish cream liquor - we recommend that you use Baileys original Irish cream, not any of the other varieties
We recommend that you also have whipped cream, powdered sugar and fresh berries on hand for serving this spiked french toast.
You can get the exact quantities for each ingredient of our easy Baileys French toast in the detailed recipe card below.
Get all of your cooking baking supplies on Amazon.com!
If you are struggling to find some of these supplies, check out all of the item available to you with Amazon Prime Fresh! They have most household supplies and groceries fully in stock and you can get free delivery with your Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Directions for how to make our tasty Baileys French toast recipe
Follow these simple steps to create the best homemade Baileys French toast that will impress even the most discerning brunch guests.
Begin by slicing your brioche bread into 14 slices. They should be just about 1" thick. Set your slices bread aside.
In a shallow mixing bowl, you are going to add together your eggs, Baileys Irish Cream liquor and the milk.
Whisk together your egg mixture until it is all well blended.
Make sure that you are evenly coating both sides.
Once the butter is melted, dredge the slices bread into the egg and liquor mixture quickly.
Fry your bread on the hot skillet on both sides for about 2-3 minutes each.
Hint: The French toast slices should be a nice light golden brown on each side.
Remove the French toast from frying pan and you are ready to serve Baileys French Toast!
Our French toast recipe serves 7 people with 2 slices each.
Variations of this Baileys French Toast
- Baileys French toast casserole - Turn this into a Baileys French toast bake by skipping the frying pan and placing the prepared french toast in a casserole dish. Stick it into the oven at 350 degrees farenheit for 10 minutes.
- Overnight Baileys French toast - If you want to turn this into an overnight French toast, simply prepare the French toast and put it into an airtight container and place it in the fridge. Then all you have to do when you are ready to make breakfast is heat up the frying pan.
- Kahlua and Baileys French toast - You can easily cut the amount of Baileys Irish Cream Liquor in half and substitute Kalhua for the other half.
- Garnish with Baileys Whipped Cream - It is super easy to make Baileys Whipped Cream! Take 1 cup of cold heavy cream - also called heavy whipping cream - and 2 tablespoons maple syrup and ½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract. Beat it together for 2 minutes until you have a fluffy French toast whipping cream!
Does this recipe having you craving French toast, but you don't eat animal products or byproducts? Check out this this Vegan version of this recipe on my website!
Share our Baileys French Toast Recipe with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this recipe for our Bailey's French Toast as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star recipe rating/review below and help me share this delicious breakfast idea on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make this breakfast recipe, I hope you will share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
FAQs about our Baileys French Toast
Baileys Irish Cream Liquor only has 17% alcohol by volume. It is not the same as drinking a hard liquor. So while this boozy french toast recipe is definitely not for children, the low Bailey alcohol percentage really should not get an adult drunk.
Since the Baileys percentage of alcohol is so low, you can NOT put Baileys in the freezer. It will actually become a slushy and will not go back to its original consistency even when defrosted.
ARE YOU CRAVING MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES AND TRAVEL INSPIRATION?Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram for all the latest updates! Sign up below to receive my newsletter filled with delicious recipes, fun crafts, and family adventures straight into your inbox:
Subscribe to The Rebel Chick Newsletter
Are you looking for Saint Patrick's Day recipes?
If you are looking for recipes to serve on Saint Patrick's Day to serve like our Baileys French Toast, check these out:
To print this Baileys French Toast Recipe, simply click the recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Sometimes it is just easier to go off a recipe when it is printed right in front of you. Who wants to swipe their screen on their phone or tablet when their hands are greasy? So I love offering this option as well!
Baileys French Toast
- 1 loaf vanilla cream brioche bread
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Baileys irish cream liquor
- ⅓ cup milk
- powdered sugar and fresh berries for serving
- Slice loaf of bread into 14 slices, about 1" thick. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, add eggs, liquor and milk. Whisk well.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add butter, once melted, dredge bread into egg and liquor mixture quickly, coating both sides. Fry on both sides, about 2-3 minutes each. Remove from pan and serve with powdered sugar and fresh berries.