Weekend homeschool links:
- Discussing race with your emotionally intense kids
- A beginner’s guide to the Gooney Bird Greene chapter books
- Our school year fizzled–now what?
- I’m Levar Burton, and this is my story (You guys know how much I adore Levar, right? Thought-provoking to watch & discuss with your teens)
- 12 cool podcasts that will educate and entertain your kids
- 10 years ago on the blog: A beach blanket education
- On the Simple Homeschool podcast: Ep 29, Considering homeschool? 5 things I wish I knew before I began
In our homeschool, no one reading program was that “magic bullet.” Instead, each program we tried played a role in taking a child another step down the road to reading fluency.
If you have a child who needs to move one more step, try Reading Eggs for four weeks free this summer! The online lessons are fun and complaint-free, they help kids master both phonics and sight words, AND you get access to their math program with the trial as well!
Are you looking to inspire a book-loving teen this summer or in the fall? I can’t rave enough about TJEd High, & their summer program just kicked off, with time still to join!
TJEd High has been a significant part of my 15-year-old son Jonathan’s curriculum for the past two years. They read a classic weekly, discuss it via a safe, moderated forum, & receiving video mentoring to go deeper in thought and study. Highly recommended!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from some of the links on this page.
What’s Your Homeschool Mom Personality? Take Jamie’s quiz now and receive a free personality report to help you organize your homeschool based on what you need most!