Have you ever used your rangefinder, thought you hit the flag and then watched your ball sail the green or come up way short from a wrong distance?
When the ball takes off, you’re probably thinking of having a chance of making birdie. But end up having to get up and down or maybe make bogey. Or worse…. Oh the game of golf.
That’s the result of a cheap rangefinder. Sometimes they hit the flagstick but other times they hit a tree or other obstruction instead of the flag. This is frustrating, embarrassing, and might kill a great round of golf.
I don’t want you to have to worry about this by choosing a cheap low quality rangefinder. To avoid that, you need to go with a quality rangefinder. One that is still reasonably priced and includes updated features like “pinseeker” technology to ensure that you always hit your target to play your best golf.
And one that is a combination of all of those features is the Precision Pro NX7 laser rangefinder. It comes loaded with technology in a compact design, accessories, and a great warranty.
Here’s everything you should know about the Precision Pro NX7 Laser Rangefinder.
When it comes to finding the best rangefinder, you want to choose based off of these factors:
- Battery life
- Ease of use
- Shooting range
- Slope measurement capabilities
After doing a hefty amount of research, it’s clear the Precision Pro comes with a ton of great features at a very reasonable price.
Here are some of the benefits of this NX7 rangefinder:
The Precision Pro NX7 is an excellent choice for so many different reasons. It measures within one yard of any target and can even measure distances up to 1/10th of a yard!
Another perk is that it’s simple and easy to use. All you need to do is hit the single button on the top of the device and a circle with crosshairs will appear. Then, hit the button once more and it’ll give you the exact distance to your desired target.
Again… The NX7 is simple to use and consistently hits the target.
One of the best features is the durability. It’s easy for a rangefinder to get dropped or thrown out of the golf cart. This design is small enough to easily fit in your pocket and durable enough to withstand the conditions thanks to the shockproof design.
A few weeks after getting mine, I accidentally left it on the top of the golf cart. And you guessed it, I took off and it fell off the cart onto the cart path. But consistent with the sturdy feeling of the Precision Pro, barely a scratch to the rangefinder.
Another thing that I like about this rangefinder is that it just feels “well-made” when you hold it in your hand.
If you’ve ever owned a rangefinder that doesn’t have this feature, you’ll never go back to one without this. Like I mentioned in the intro, there’s not much worse than hitting a different target and getting the wrong distance.
As they said on their website, “The Pulse Vibration Technology combined with our (TAG) Target Acquisition Technology gives a quick pulse when locked on to the target ensuring accurate distances to the target, not what’s behind it.”
No more guessing if you actually hit the target right anymore. This feature will help you speed up play and give you more confidence standing over each shot. Confidence in golf is almost directly correlated to shooting lower scores on a consistent basis.
One of the great neat perks from the Precision Pro is the slope calculations when you’re facing a shot with elevation. With their adaptive slope feature, they do the math for you and display the adjusted yardage. Plus, with one switch you can turn off the slope to keep the device tournament legal.
Not to mention it’s …
- 6X magnification
- Lightweight, small, compact design
- 2-year warranty with free battery replacement
- Extreme accuracy within one yard of the intended target
- Water resistant design in case you’re out playing in the rain
- 400-yard range that allows you to target bunkers, water, and map out your strategy for the hole back on the tee
As I mentioned, there is no shortage of selection of rangefinders in today’s market. We are a big fan of the the Slope Version of the Precision Pro NX7. But if you must shop around, here are some of the top competitors depending on your budget.
- TecTecTec VPRO500: The TecTecTec VPRO500 is the #1 search result if you type in “golf rangefinder” on Amazon. While it’s a relatively new company, they have nearly 3,000 glowing 5-star reviews. It’s not as advanced as the Precision Pro NX7 but it’s a lower price point.
- Bushnell Tour V4 Jolt: This is one of the most comparable options with the Precision Pro NX7 and is made from a brand that has a great track record with rangefinders. It’s compact, has pinseeker technology, and comes with an app. The app is probably the biggest perk as it includes 3D flyovers and hole layouts for over 36,000 courses nationwide. This tech does come with a slightly higher price than the NX7.
- Garmin Approach Z80 Rangefinder: This is the most advanced rangefinder I’ve ever seen. It has a 2D overlay of the entire hole and is unlike anything else on the market. It’s the most accurate, includes image stabilization, and determines slope. The downside is that you have to charge it for each round as it requires a ton of battery for the display. Plus, it’s nearly 4X the price of the Precision Pro NX7.
Click here for a more detailed review of all the best golf rangefinders on the market.
No, there are two separate models when it comes to finding the slope. The slope version is a minimal price increase and still comes with all the same features of the standard NX7. Quite honestly, if you’re spending for a rangefinder just go ahead and get the slope version. It’s well worth it! And if you’re using it for tournament play, you can easily turn off the slope to not violate any rules.
The NX7 comes with a 2-year warranty, unlike most competitors that only offer a one-year warranty. Plus, they offer a trade-in allowance in the future. If you wish to upgrade to a newer model down the line, you can use this as credit towards a new one. This is a huge perk I didn’t see from any other company.
Both the standard and slope model come with the rangefinder, carrying case, instruction manual, lanyard, cleaning cloth, and battery. I personally really like the look of the carrying case (very important), see the featured image above.
The Precision Pro NX7 Laser Rangefinder is one of the best on the market. It combines the compact design and functionality of the Bushnell with the price point of the TecTecTec. The one downside is the Precision Pro doesn’t come with a helpful app like the Bushnell but it’s also priced significantly less.
If you’re an intermediate to an advanced golfer and serious about the game, this is the rangefinder for you. For the small price increase, I’d recommend picking up the slope version to help you dial in your distances. This will help ensure you take the right club with elevation changes and the 2-year warranty makes sure you’re protected for the foreseeable future.
Click here to learn more about this product and pick up your new rangefinder today.